The first time people heard of wireless charging was when Nokia its Lumia 820. They gave along Qi plates for charging. Today, wireless charging is a convenient technology. It allows users to charge their phones without worrying about the hassles of cables and plugs. It is still in nascent stage and has some problems- especially that a user will have to line up the phone correctly to get it working. This is more harassing than plugging in a wire for charging.
The team at Rubix is now developing a wireless charger and case, it will be known by the name of "On". This will make wireless charging easier because of the magnets. Both the devices use the popular Qi wireless charging standard, therefore, it becomes compatible with many wireless charging devices like the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. A user will have to simply place his device on the on charger which is powered by a 5000 mAh battery. Phones which have in built Qi charging technology will get a magnet free charging experience. A case will be required for the iPhone 6 users because there is no built in Qi charging. The case will add a magnetic ring that will lock up the phone in the perfect place. The users can definitely charge their phones with other cable chargers or wireless chargers though. Rubix need a little bit of funding to bring its charger and case to the market. It has asked for $100,000 from the Kickstarter.
As a customer you would definitely want to know what all would be the pros and cons of buying the Rubix on Charger and On Case. So here is a list which briefs down all your queries:
1. Hassle free wireless charging, what else you need! Just keep the phone on the plate and forget it.
2. Case will also work as a good protector. The On Case is going to be sturdy enough to give your gadgets good cushioning against fall
3. Magnetic support on the case and cover won't let your phone slip from the charging dock or plate.
4. The plate would always NOT need a wire to charge as it will have its own 5000 mAh battery.
5. It will provide a USB port which will have 2A current which will let you charge lighting fast.
1. Still in nascent stage of development, therefore, one cannot comment on it’s functionally.
2. Available for only the devices viz., iPhone 6, galaxy S6 and galaxy S6 edge.
3. The price is going to be high, as close as $100 for the case and plate.
4. Charging cases are bulky and cumbersome.
5. Since Rubix is new a company, anything regarding the after sale service cannot be talked about.